Chiropractic care has the ability to change your life in more ways than one. Not only can it have an incredibly positive affect on your physical well-being, but it can help with emotional health as well. Being pain-free can lead to being stress-free, and that makes a great deal of difference in your mental health.
We can tell how much our patients enjoy coming to visit their family favorite chiropractor in Plantation, Dr. Gena Chiropractic, simply by seeing the smiles on their faces when they walk through our office. If they’ve come to us with aches and pains, they’re leaving with some kind of relief, as well as an individualized care or treatment plan to help them continue on this wellness/healing journey.
Aside from alleviating general feelings of pain in various areas of the body, such as the lower back, neck and shoulders, there are countless other reasons patients love going to see a chiropractor. These are the top ten reasons we hear most often from patients:
- No longer full of sh*t. Literally. Chiropractic care can help resolve constipation. When you have tightness in your back muscles, it can cause issues for the nerves that are responsible for bowel movements. An adjustment that helps to relieve that tension in the back can result in relaxing of the muscles, and essentially help you poop better. The parasympathetic (feed and breed, rest and digest) nervous system is often stimulated through chiropractic adjustments.
- Sleeping better. Many of our patients express that after their chiropractic care, they experience having an easier time falling asleep, as well as a deeper sleep with less middle-of-the-night wake-ups. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as an adjustment alleviating discomfort that may have been keeping you up at night or an adjustment resulting in the lowering of cortisol levels, which leads to less stress and better sleep. And once again, improved functionality in the body can help your body to better rest and relax.
- Improved reaction and recovery time. Chiropractic care can definitely improve athletic performance. It can mean the difference between taking home a bronze, silver or gold medal. Most professional athletes have chiropractors on call to help them keep their competitive edge.
- Improved range of motion. When your joints and muscles are functioning correctly, it can lead to increased flexibility and that helps with range of motion. One of the most common things that we hear our adult patients report back following their first adjustment is that they are able to see their blind spot better now. This is because their adjustment helped improve the range of motion in their neck, allowing them to better turn their head without the need to use their entire torso.
- Clearer thinking. When your body feels better, your mind feels and functions better too. We often hear patients under our chiropractic care report back that they are experiencing less fogginess, and can think much more clearly.
- Children are having fewer sick days. Kids can benefit from chiropractic care too. Many parents who bring their children in for care report back that they are experiencing fewer sick days from school since starting their care plan. Additionally, kids under chiropractic care often report fewer bouts of ear infections which can lead to less need for antibiotics and avoiding ear tube surgery.
- Greater emotional balance. We hear this particular reason the most for kids who are on the spectrum and come to us for chiropractic care. One of our most recent miracle stories involves a 4-year-old child named Ethan. His mother came to us, saying, “He was able to make sentences and express emotion for the first time in his life. He told us “I love you” for the first time. The only thing we changed in his life was that we started taking him to the chiropractor because we heard it could help kids with Autism.” Stories like this are what make us so humbled and proud of what we are able to do for our patients. They literally report back miracles.
- Improved pregnancy, labor, delivery and recovery outcomes in birth. All of the doctors at Dr. Gena Chiropractic are Webster Certified and have a passion for and extra training in pregnancy and pediatrics. The Webster technique is a specific type of chiropractic adjustment that is focused on improving pelvic functioning during pregnancy. Our team has also helped many mamas achieve successful VBACs (vaginal birth after cesarean). It is never too early or too late to start chiropractic care during pregnancy.
- Improved latching. Not only do we provide chiropractic care to toddlers and children, but we also work with infants. Chiropractic care can improve an infant’s latching ability for both bottle and breastfeeding. We help babies with both pre- and post-lip and tongue tie revisions as well.
- “I feel better!” This is the most common response we hear across the board when it comes to patients’ reasons for loving chiropractic care. Our team has helped so many people completely stop, or at least reduce, taking both prescription and over-the-counter medications for things like sciatica, lower back pain, migraines, neck pain, carpal tunnel and more. We always recommend speaking with your medical doctor regarding reducing and/or stopping the use of prescription medication.
If you have been experiencing any kind of pain, discomfort or general disruption in your life, chiropractic care might be the key to helping make these things fade away. Remember, your health is in your hands; our hands are here to help. To schedule a consultation with our team, contact us at 954-417-5815.